Slips and Falls
Holding property owners accountable for dangerous, injurious conditions
Property owners and managers of public or private property owe a duty to keep their premises free from hazards. When they breach this duty and you slip and fall as a result, you may have grounds to file a claim for damages.
Slip and fall is one of four types of fall-down accidents:
- Slip and fall — the foot or shoe loses traction with the walking surface
- Trip and fall — a foreign object lies in the path of the walking surface
- Stump and fall — an impediment in the walking surface
- Step and fall — a failure or hole in the walking surface
Slips and falls may be caused by:
- Uneven or broken pavement
- Worn or broken stairs and handrails
- Loose floor tiles
- Torn carpet
A common strategy property owners and their attorneys use in their defense is to blame the injured victim. Therefore, it is crucial to prove that:
- The property owner/manager did not exercise reasonable care
- The property owner/manager knew about the condition or should have known about it
The Law Offices of K. J. Petsas, PC, a personal injury law firm serving San Mateo and the San Francisco Bay area, has 30 years of experience in advocating for the rights of slip and fall victims at the negotiating table or in court. We do all we can to demonstrate the duty the property owner owed you, his or her breach of that duty, your damages and how the negligent care of the property caused your injury.
Our San Mateo injury attorneys know the strategies the defense uses and we know the games insurance companies play. This knowledge, combined with ardent protection of your rights, allows us to create a compelling case on your behalf.
Know your rights
Serving clients in San Mateo and the San Francisco Bay area, the premises liability lawyers at the Law Office of K.J. Petsas, PC offer the experience and attentive counsel you need to pursue justice against those liable for your injuries. We are conveniently located in South San Francisco and encourage you to give us a call at 650.624.8155 or contact us online to take advantage of our free initial consultation. We return all calls within 12 hours.